Product description of Lumigan eye drops
Lumigan eye drops are used as a medication to treat increased pressure in the eyes. It contains the salt composition of Bimatoprost in the capacity of 0.01%. It is a product manufactured by Allergan India Pvt Ltd. The generic name of Lumigan is Lumigan ophthalmic solution.
These eye drops are well trusted for treating eye conditions and ailments. Further, Lumigan eye drops are recommended by doctors.
Uses of Lumigan eye drops
- Glaucoma: This eye condition is becoming common for people in old age. There is high pressure in the eyes damaging the optic nerve and further causing blindness.
Lumigan eye drops works by increasing the fluid flow inside the eyes. Thus, the pressure is reduced, and the eye liquid flows from inside the eyes towards the blood.
- Ocular hypertension: it is an eye condition in which the eyes experience higher pressure than normal. If not treated, it can cause Glaucoma and loss of vision.
Lumigan eye drops are prescribed in this case to steadily treat the building pressure inside the eyes. Hence use Lumigan eye drops to prevent these conditions from prevailing on the advice of your doctor.
Dosage of Lumigan eye drops
- Use the dosage as provided by your physician.
- Apply one drop in an eye daily once before bedtime.
- Use the eye drops regularly, and don’t skip the next dosage.
How to use Lumigan eyedrops:
- Use Lumigan drops exactly told by the doctor.
- The eye drops should be taken in the correct amount.
- The normal dose prescribed is one drop into the affected eye before bedtime.
- Wash your hands before applying the eye drops to avoid any infection.
- Slightly pull your head back and enter the eye drops in your eyes.
- Gently squeeze the dropper and rest your eyes for two minutes.
- If you are supposed to use any other medication, try keeping at least a 10-15 minutes gap.
How to Lumigan eye drops?
Lumigan eye drops are easily available online and in local drug stores. They can be easily bought online with a prescription.
SIDE EFFECTS of Lumigan eye drops
The eyes may feel slight irritation in the starting use of Lumigan eye drop. Moreover, after some time, the body may adapt to its use. However, if these side effects appear, discontinue the use of eye drops.
- Eye swelling
- Redness of eye
- Dry eyes
- Severe discomfort
- Vision changes
- Swollen or itchy eyelids
Pregnancy: These eye drops are not intended for pregnant ladies. However, use the medicine in the word of your doctor.
Breastfeeding: These eye drops are safe to use for breastfeeding mothers.
Contact lens: Do not use the lens while inserting eye drops inside your eyes. Keep a gap of 15 to 20 minutes to put them again.
Use in children: It is not recommended for small children. However, anyone above 16 years of age can use it.
Driving or operating machines: rest your eyes for some time after using this medication. And do not indulge in work that requires high concentration.